Meet the ADF Enablement Team
By Grant Ronald on Jan 17, 2013
You may know some us of (or at least the names), but I wanted to introduce you to the ADF Enablement team and give you an insight into what we do. We are part of the Oracle ADF Product Management group and our remit is the successful enablement of ADF. So what does that really mean? Well as product managers we are focused on the success of the product, but specifically we are tasked with helping customers and developers adopt, learn and ultimately be successful with Oracle ADF.
Generally speaking, there are two ways to do this. The first is the reactive support and help of customers. So for example, many of us are engaged with internal (remember, ADF is used for many of our internal systems including Fusion Apps) and external customers. This might involve code reviews, architecture reviews, helping on escalated issues with Support, developing workarounds, logging bugs, suggesting enhancements and answering forum posts.
Now, the problem with that is there are only so many customers we can engage with at any one time, so we try to scale up our enablement through proactive initiatives. So things like ADF Code Corner, ADF Insider and ADF Insider Essentials, ADF Architecture Square and our Advanced ADF Ecourse are developed from within this team. Future proactive initiatives also include a live ADF Architecture course, ADF Faces Usability course and two new ecourses (in a new format) for mobile and Java.
You'll also find us globetrotting and turning up at various events. You'll usually find at least one of us at an Oracle user group near you (if not, just ask us!) and we're often the trainers delivering live classes and education for internal and external customers. Oh, and we've published books on Web Center and ADF and have regular columns in various Oracle and user group magazines.
So, that's what we do, now to meet the team. We're a globally diverse team but late in 2012 we managed to find ourselves all in the same country, and infact, in the same pub and here is the picture to prove it.
The team is, from left to right:
- Susan Duncan (UK) - who runs the Mobile program office, setting up developers who want to develop mobile applications
- Chris Muir (AUS) - our APAC ADF guru and co-founder of the ADF EMG
- Frederic Desbiens (CA) - our newest member who brings a wealth of real world ADF development experience
- Lynn Munsinger (US) - the brains behind Fusion Order Demo and also runs the team* who develop OU courses and tutorials
- Grant Ronald (UK) - I have the pleasure of managing this group of wonderful individuals, and anything Forms/ADF
- Frank Nimphius (DE) - All round ADF-meister and font of all ADF knowledge.
So next time you pick up an ADF developer guide, code sample, book or attend a training course, it might be one of the ADF Enablement team who has had a hand in it.
* And a call out to Lynn's team: Gary Williams, DeDe Morton and Jeff Gallus.