ADF Mobile - attached device not being recognised

Seemingly randomly I started having errors trying to deploy an ADF Mobile application to my Nexus 7 tablet.  I was getting

[10:28:07 AM] Shutting down Android Debug Bridge server...
[10:28:07 AM] Deployment cancelled.
[10:28:07 AM] ----  Deployment incomplete  ----.
[10:28:07 AM] Failed to detect a connected Android device.  Make sure the device is connected.  Otherwise, manually restart the ADB server.  The following results were provided by ADB:
List of devices    attached
 (oracle.adfmf.framework.dt.deploy.android.deployers.CheckAttachedDevicesDeployer)

But in addition, I also noted that some software I was using to view the Nexus on my PC was also not finding the tablet.  I also couldn't see the tablet on the Windows Explorer window - so, something somewhere outside of JDeveloper seemed to be the problem.

What I did to fix this was the following

  1. From the Windows Start I ran devmgmt.msc and from here I found "Android Composite ADB Device" - I double clicked on this to chose to uninstall AND delete the driver.
  2. I then re-connected the Nexus and it started to install the driver.  I got an error here but I pressed on regardless since now at least Windows Explorer could see the device although JDeveloper couldn't
  3. I made sure USB Debugging was ON on the tablet AND I also switch off Media Device (MTP) which is a USB connection option.

The combination of the above and the luck of the gods seemed to have got things working.

 

Comments:

Post a Comment:
  • HTML Syntax: NOT allowed
About

Tips, Tricks, Events and Information around Oracle JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle Forms

Search

Archives
« April 2014
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
    
       
Today