Thursday Feb 20, 2014
Wednesday Jan 29, 2014
By Grant Ronald on Jan 29, 2014
The first UKOUG Development SIG of 2014 kicks off in London on the 5th of Feb. The topics are aimed at de-mystifying all these new technologies that come along in middleware: Service Bus, Coherence, Web Services, IDM. This will be a great opportunity to get some solid grounding as well as the usual networking opportunities.
You can see the full agenda here http://www.ukoug.org/events/ukoug-development-sig-meeting-feb14/
Tuesday Nov 19, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Nov 19, 2013
- Top Ten Secrets of Successful Oracle Application Development Framework Projects
- Improve Your ADF Fusion Application's Response Time by as Much as 70 Percent
- Best Practices for Developing Applications with Oracle ADF Mobile
- Best Practices in Oracle ADF Development
- Developing Mobile Web Applications with Oracle ADF Faces
- Debugging and logging for Oracle ADF applications
You can register for the events here.
Events are running in three time zones on different days:
- Americas - Tuesday - November 19th / 9am to 1pm PDT / 12pm to 4pm EDT/ 1pm to 5pm BRT
- APAC - Thursday - November 21st / 10am – 1:30pm IST (India) / 12:30pm – 4pm SGT (Singapore) / 3:30pm – 7pm AESDT
- EMEA - Tuesday - November 26th / 9am - 1pm GMT / 1pm - 5pm GST/ 2:30pm - 6:30pm IST
This is a unique opportunity to get some of the content that you get in real events such as OpenWorld directly from your work/home computer.
Come learn something new!
Thursday Nov 14, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Nov 14, 2013
Oracle is running a 3 day workshop on ADF Design and Architecture. This is not a beginners course, its a deep dive into the design and architectural decision you have to consider when embarking on an ADF project. Its running 3-6 December , 2013: Düsseldorf, Germany and topics include:
" Planning & Get Started - Team, Skills and Development Environments
" ADF Reusable Artifacts
" Advanced Task Flows
" ADF Architectural Patterns
" Task Flow Navigation Patterns
" Task Flow Data Control Scope Options
" Task Flow Transaction Options
" ADF BC Application Module Design
" Task Flow Communications Patterns
" Service Integration Architectures
" ADF Service Architectures
" Architecting for PLSQL Integration
" Designing for Security
" Application Customization and MDS
" Designing for Internationalization"
You can Register Here!
Wednesday Sep 04, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Sep 04, 2013
Big data is one of those terms we are seeing banded about but what does it mean to you as a developer? To help get you up to speed the UKOUG Development SIG are hosting a day centered around Big Data. Sept 11th at the UK Oracle offices in Reading you'll hear from various experts on what Big Data means for businesses and for developers.
Friday Aug 30, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Aug 30, 2013
I'm very pleased to announce that the ADF Real World Architecture and Design Principles course scheduled to run in India in September. Not only is the great content developed by leading ADF experts in conjuction with Oracle's Fusion Apps team, but its also being presented by one of the shining lights in ADF-land; Jobinesh Purushothaman who wrote "The Real World Developer's Guide"
If you would like to attend this course please click the link above and let us know if you have an interest to run this in your region.
By Grant Ronald on Aug 30, 2013
Wednesday Aug 07, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Aug 07, 2013
Tuesday Aug 06, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Aug 06, 2013
Wednesday Jul 31, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Jul 31, 2013
If you've not see the announcement yet then you have to check out the new ADF Architecture TV channel. Here is a quick infomercial if you've not seen it!
This is a new initiative from us in Oracle Product Management to drive best-pratices and design out to the community through a series of weekly episodes from key Oracle ADF specialists. In this episode Chris Muir talks about Planning and Getting Started - Developer PCs. Make sure you subscribe as we have over 100 episodes planned covering security, web services, PL/SQL integration, UI design and much more!
Friday Jul 19, 2013
Thursday May 30, 2013
By Grant Ronald on May 30, 2013
June 12th will be the Scottish Oracle User Group at which I'll be presenting two sessions. The first is What to do with your Oracle Forms Applications and Developers. The second session will be Mobile Application Development for the Enterprise.
Tuesday Apr 30, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Apr 30, 2013
Tuesday Mar 19, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Mar 19, 2013
Oracle has confrimed a hands-on ADF training day on the 10th April 2013 in Oracle's Reading offices in the UK. This will be aimed at new ADF and JDeveloper developers and will lead you through the basics and some more intermediate topics to kick-start your ADF learning. I will be delivering the training and places are limited to less that 20 so get registered ASAP.
Monday Mar 11, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Mar 11, 2013
I'm off to the Oracle User Group Ireland tomorrow (12th March) where, amongst other things, I'll be presenting two sesssions:
- The Quick Start Guide to Oracle ADF is based on my book and is aimed at giving you a whistlestop tour of what ADF is all about.
- Mobile Application for the Enterprise will be focused on the hot topic of developing for mobile devices, the market, the challenges and some of the solutions.
I've also go my eye on "Mobile in Fusion: Rich User Experience Through Reusable Design Patterns" inbetween my sessions which should be an interesting insight on the user experience challenges of how we build mobile applications for Fusion.
Tips, Tricks, Events and Information around Oracle JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle Forms
- Oracle Mobile Strategy at OUG Ireland Conference
- Strategies for Moving Forms Applications to Mobile Devices
- What is Oracle Mobile Suite
- Survey for Oracle Forms Users
- Is ADF the right choice? Understanding your options
- ADF Mobile - attached device not being recognised
- ADF Architecture and Best Practices Course - March 11th - 14th 2014
- UKOUG Development SIG - understanding all this new stuff!
- ADF Architecture and Best Practices Now Twice a Week
- Understanding Oracle's Mobily Strategy - webinar with Gartner