Monday Mar 10, 2014
Friday Sep 07, 2012
By Grant Ronald on Sep 07, 2012
Wednesday Nov 30, 2011
By Grant Ronald on Nov 30, 2011
Friday Sep 30, 2011
By Grant Ronald on Sep 30, 2011
Sunday I'm catching an early flight to San Francisco for the conference of the year, Oracle World. Its a packed few days for me. I'm literally off the plane, baggage, customs and then straight to the Moscone Center for the ADF EMG day.
Monday I have customer meetings, demo grounds and two presentations. Tuesday, same again! By Wednesday all my sessions have been delivered so I might try and catch some of the other ADF and Forms presentations, although I have a 3 1/2 hour stint on the Forms demo ground. Then Thursday its back home....oh, and there are a few parties to "meet and greet" each night.
So its going to be a pretty full on few days but its all worth while when I see how many people are pre-registered for my sessions. Nearly 350 pre-registered for "Getting Started with Oracle ADF: What You Need to Know". "Quick Start Guide to Oracle Fusion Development with Oracle ADF" is already over 50% subscribed and both "What's Your Choice for Oracle Forms: Modernize, Upgrade, Integrate, or Migrate?" and "Redeveloping a Forms Application in Oracle ADF: A Case Study" have over 160 pre-registrations between them.
The lesson here is that if you really do want to see one of these sessions, get pre-registered. Otherwise you might be disappointed...of course can you just turn up but you only get in once all of the pre-registered line gets seated first.
Tuesday Sep 13, 2011
By Grant Ronald on Sep 13, 2011
A copy of Oracle WebCenter 11g PS3 Administration Cookbook dropped onto my desk a couple of weeks for a review. While WebCenter is not a product I'm specifically involved in, its is built ontop of Oracle ADF and so I was interested to have a read. I should point out that as an admin cookbook it probably wasn't written with my profile in mind but I found it a well written, clear and importantly, an easy to read book. One things I struggle with when reading technical books is pages and pages of deep technical text. What made this book easily digestable was the easy to follow layout and flow.
For example, there were clear breaks in the text with sections "Getting Ready", "How to Do It" and "How it Works". I really liked this approch because it instantly set your expectations for the coming text.
As for the topics covered, these were broadly the most common admin task you would need to perform: e.g. managing look and feel, managing resource catalogues and consuming portlets.
So, while this book isn't a requirement for my current day-to-day activities, the day I need to set up and managed a WebCenter installation, this is the book I'll be working from!
Thursday Aug 25, 2011
Wednesday Aug 24, 2011
By Grant Ronald on Aug 24, 2011
I've got a busy Oracle World 2011 this year with 4 sessions at which I am presenting. These sessions are open for pre-registration and its good to see over 100 people already registered to attend.
- Getting Started with Oracle ADF: What You Need to Know
- What's Your Choice for Oracle Forms: Modernize, Upgrade, Integrate, or Migrate?
- Quick Start Guide to Oracle Fusion Development with Oracle ADF
- Redeveloping a Forms Application in Oracle ADF: A Case Study
There is going to be some great content this year. Some of the sessions I would love to attend (if I can!) will be
- Push to the Limit: Rich and Proactive User Interfaces with Oracle ADF
- Angels in the Architecture: An Oracle Application Development Framework Architectural Blueprint
- Four Ways to Transition from Oracle Forms to Oracle ADF Conference Session
- Real-World Performance Tuning for Oracle ADF Applications
There is also a FULL ADF day on the Sunday. If you are involved in Oracle ADF projects (or will be) I think this is about the best way you could spend your training budget.
Tuesday Nov 16, 2010
Tips, Tricks, Events and Information around Oracle JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle Forms
- How to debug the HTML in Oracle MAF Applications
- UKOUG Most Read Article Award
- Video Interview of Oracle Mobile Customer
- Oracle MAF reviewed by Analyst Gigacom
- Oracle Mobile Partner Event, Europe 2015
- The world is going mobile..surprise surprise!
- ODTUG Mobile Event Reston December
- Come and learn how Northumbrian Water embraced Oracle's Mobile Framework
- How to write code in ADF - new "live" video from OW available
- Lloyds Register - a case study in the power of mobile and MAF