Seemingly randomly I started having errors trying to deploy an ADF Mobile application to my Nexus 7 tablet. I was getting
[10:28:07 AM] Shutting down Android Debug Bridge server...
[10:28:07 AM] Deployment cancelled.
[10:28:07 AM] ---- Deployment incomplete ----.
[10:28:07 AM] Failed to detect a connected Android device. Make sure the device is connected. Otherwise, manually restart the ADB server. The following results were provided by ADB:
List of devices attached
But in addition, I also noted that some software I was using to view the Nexus on my PC was also not finding the tablet. I also couldn't see the tablet on the Windows Explorer window - so, something somewhere outside of JDeveloper seemed to be the problem.
What I did to fix this was the following
The combination of the above and the luck of the gods seemed to have got things working.