Thursday Feb 20, 2014
By Grant Ronald on Feb 20, 2014
Friday Feb 14, 2014
Wednesday Feb 12, 2014
By Grant Ronald on Feb 12, 2014
At a recent Oracle virtual developer day I presented a session on "Oracle ADF For Forms and PL/SQL Developers – Why it’s the right choice". In this presentation I talk about why you might be considering ADF, the challenges of re-education and what opporuntinies you might be able to realise by choosing ADF.
If you are considering ADF, this might be an interesting watch to arm you with some relevant facts.
Tuesday Feb 04, 2014
By Grant Ronald on Feb 04, 2014
Seemingly randomly I started having errors trying to deploy an ADF Mobile application to my Nexus 7 tablet. I was getting
[10:28:07 AM] Shutting down Android Debug Bridge server...
[10:28:07 AM] Deployment cancelled.
[10:28:07 AM] ---- Deployment incomplete ----.
[10:28:07 AM] Failed to detect a connected Android device. Make sure the device is connected. Otherwise, manually restart the ADB server. The following results were provided by ADB:
List of devices attached
But in addition, I also noted that some software I was using to view the Nexus on my PC was also not finding the tablet. I also couldn't see the tablet on the Windows Explorer window - so, something somewhere outside of JDeveloper seemed to be the problem.
What I did to fix this was the following
- From the Windows Start I ran devmgmt.msc and from here I found "Android Composite ADB Device" - I double clicked on this to chose to uninstall AND delete the driver.
- I then re-connected the Nexus and it started to install the driver. I got an error here but I pressed on regardless since now at least Windows Explorer could see the device although JDeveloper couldn't
- I made sure USB Debugging was ON on the tablet AND I also switch off Media Device (MTP) which is a USB connection option.
The combination of the above and the luck of the gods seemed to have got things working.
By Grant Ronald on Feb 04, 2014
Jobinesh Purushothaman, author of the Oracle ADF Real World Developer's Guide, will be delivering a free ADF Architecture and Best Pratices course in Bangalore, India. The course is not for ADF newbies, instead it will focus on real world implementation patterns and best practices including security, advanced task flows, application module design, building scalable business components and much much more. This will be an must-not-miss event for those who are committed to implementing ADF applications.
This course is for employees and Oracle partners and you get register here: http://eventreg.oracle.com/profile/web/index.cfm?PKWebId=0x51719d89f
Wednesday Jan 29, 2014
By Grant Ronald on Jan 29, 2014
The first UKOUG Development SIG of 2014 kicks off in London on the 5th of Feb. The topics are aimed at de-mystifying all these new technologies that come along in middleware: Service Bus, Coherence, Web Services, IDM. This will be a great opportunity to get some solid grounding as well as the usual networking opportunities.
You can see the full agenda here http://www.ukoug.org/events/ukoug-development-sig-meeting-feb14/
Thursday Jan 16, 2014
By Grant Ronald on Jan 16, 2014
Tuesday Dec 10, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Dec 10, 2013
Mobile has been a topic that has been making a buzz around the conferences over the past year so it is good to hear Oracle's official position. On Thursday 12th December there will be a webinar held jointly with Gartner to discuss
- Oracle's mobile strategy
- The challenges of enterprise mobile development
- How Oracle's Mobile Platform addresses those challenges
The webinar is free and you can register here.
Tuesday Nov 19, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Nov 19, 2013
- Top Ten Secrets of Successful Oracle Application Development Framework Projects
- Improve Your ADF Fusion Application's Response Time by as Much as 70 Percent
- Best Practices for Developing Applications with Oracle ADF Mobile
- Best Practices in Oracle ADF Development
- Developing Mobile Web Applications with Oracle ADF Faces
- Debugging and logging for Oracle ADF applications
You can register for the events here.
Events are running in three time zones on different days:
- Americas - Tuesday - November 19th / 9am to 1pm PDT / 12pm to 4pm EDT/ 1pm to 5pm BRT
- APAC - Thursday - November 21st / 10am – 1:30pm IST (India) / 12:30pm – 4pm SGT (Singapore) / 3:30pm – 7pm AESDT
- EMEA - Tuesday - November 26th / 9am - 1pm GMT / 1pm - 5pm GST/ 2:30pm - 6:30pm IST
This is a unique opportunity to get some of the content that you get in real events such as OpenWorld directly from your work/home computer.
Come learn something new!
Thursday Nov 14, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Nov 14, 2013
Oracle is running a 3 day workshop on ADF Design and Architecture. This is not a beginners course, its a deep dive into the design and architectural decision you have to consider when embarking on an ADF project. Its running 3-6 December , 2013: Düsseldorf, Germany and topics include:
" Planning & Get Started - Team, Skills and Development Environments
" ADF Reusable Artifacts
" Advanced Task Flows
" ADF Architectural Patterns
" Task Flow Navigation Patterns
" Task Flow Data Control Scope Options
" Task Flow Transaction Options
" ADF BC Application Module Design
" Task Flow Communications Patterns
" Service Integration Architectures
" ADF Service Architectures
" Architecting for PLSQL Integration
" Designing for Security
" Application Customization and MDS
" Designing for Internationalization"
You can Register Here!
Tuesday Oct 29, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Oct 29, 2013
Monday Oct 21, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Oct 21, 2013
Tuesday Oct 15, 2013
Wednesday Oct 09, 2013
By Grant Ronald on Oct 09, 2013
Tips, Tricks, Events and Information around Oracle JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle Forms
- Strategies for Moving Forms Applications to Mobile Devices
- What is Oracle Mobile Suite
- Survey for Oracle Forms Users
- Is ADF the right choice? Understanding your options
- ADF Mobile - attached device not being recognised
- ADF Architecture and Best Practices Course - March 11th - 14th 2014
- UKOUG Development SIG - understanding all this new stuff!
- ADF Architecture and Best Practices Now Twice a Week
- Understanding Oracle's Mobily Strategy - webinar with Gartner
- Oracle ADF Virtual Developer Day running globally