Tuesday Aug 21, 2012
Monday Aug 20, 2012
By Lionel Dubreuil-Oracle on Aug 20, 2012
Numerous companies have begun a SOA initiative with the assumption that implementing web services is synonymous with employing a service-oriented architecture. They have gone on to discover various barriers to SOA success and have not seen the returns a successful SOA implementation can provide. These companies lacked an understanding of SOA adoption and architecture fundamentals. This course presents those fundamentals with an Enterprise Architect's view of Oracle's SOA Enterprise Technology strategy, to equip the student with skills for handling both business and IT concerns throughout the entire SOA life cycle, from both the program and the project perspectives.
This course takes the student far beyond the limited view of SOA as simply a collection of web services. Students learn how to assess an organization's SOA capabilities in eight separate business and technical domains, and how to analyze the gap between those capabilities and their SOA vision. From that maturity assessment, they learn steps to develop a multi-year SOA road map for an organization and a framework for SOA project selection. A deep-dive exploration of SOA Reference Architecture from the conceptual, logical, product mapping, and physical perspectives is presented before the course transitions its focus to the service engineering life cycle.
As the course introduces the service engineering life cycle, it stresses the importance of analysis, architecture, delivery and management. Lessons present criteria and techniques for service identification and discovery, and guidelines for consistent access to enterprise information. Requirements management is discussed, and the decomposition of functional requirements, business processes, applications and data requirements is presented. The identification, discovery, justification and validation of services is covered, and is followed by an exploration of service delivery. Additional course topics include a discussion of the principles of service-oriented integration, and the reasons and guidelines for establishing a SOA governance framework.
- Assess an organization's SOA maturity
- Identify and prioritize service candidates
- Define a high level conceptual and logical architecture
- Create an SOA road map for an organization
Friday Aug 17, 2012
By J Swaroop on Aug 17, 2012
Additional Learning Opportunity at OpenWorld with
Finding time to squeeze training into your schedule is never easy so if you are headed to Oracle OpenWorld this year, you may want to consider attending Oracle University’s Preconference training event. This is a one-day training event held on Sunday, September 30th from 8:00 a.m.-3:30 p.m. at the Hilton or Hotel Nikko. You can choose from several sessions that are delivered in an accelerated, seminar-style format. Here are a few of the sessions that we’d recommend:
· Oracle SOA Suite 11g Administration
· Developing Secure Java Web Services
· How The Latest Java EE and SOA Help in Architecting and Designing Robust Enterprise Applications
· Oracle Fusion Applications: Security Fundamentals
· Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g: Build Applications with ADF I
· Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g Administer Forms Services
· WebLogic Server Administration Essentials
· Developing Portable Java EE Applications with the Enterprise JavaBeans 3.1 API and Java Persistence API 2.0
Get the details for each of these sessions here. To register for the training, just add it to your Oracle OpenWorld pass from the conference registration pages.
Latest news, updates, best practices and thoughts on Oracle SOA Governance products
Oracle SOA Governance includes Oracle Enterprise Repository, Oracle SOA Management Pack and our API Management Solution
- Oracle Enterprise Repository Reports and International Number Formats
- Introducing Oracle Enterprise Repository Express Workflows - Simplified Lifecycle Management
- Announcing Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control Integration with Oracle Enterprise Repository 11g for Runtime Metrics
- Oracle Fusion Middleware: Meet This Year's Most Impressive Customer Projects 2013 Oracle Excellence Award Ceremony for Fusion Middleware Innovation
- SOA Governance Training, August 26th–30th 2013 - EMEA (Lisbon)
- Oracle Enterprise Repository 11gR1 (188.8.131.52.0) - Released
- Community Management: The Next Wave of SOA Governance and API Management
- Oracle SOA Governance EMEA Workshop for Partners & System Integrators: Nov 5-7th | Madrid, Spain
- Fast Data: Go Big. Go Fast.
- Tuesday at Oracle OpenWorld 2012 - Must See Session: “Oracle Fusion Applications: Best Practices in Integration Design Patterns”