Amazon and Oracle - More details about OVM on EC2- Reality is now!
By Girish Venkat on Jan 24, 2011
There was a PR about 2 months ago from Amazon and Oracle indicating that Amazon now supports OVM. What does this mean?
This means Oracle will publish (and already has published) images that runs on an "OVM Server infrastructure" that Amazon now provides as a part of it's hosting services. These images are specifically available for deploy on Amazon East is what it currently looks lie it ( meaning the East coast Data Center).
I have created an OVM image locally. Can i now take it and use it on Amazon?.
Currently Oracle produces base AMI images that are runnable on OVM Server infrastructure and Oracle does provide a lot of OVM images (list in the next question). You can always build on top of those images in Amazon and store them on EBS as long as you pay for it.
What is CURRENTLY available to run on Amazon today as OVM based images?
All these images listed here can run on OVM.
Oracle Linux 5.5×86 64bit
* Oracle WebLogic Server 10gR3
* Oracle PeopleSoft PS 9.1 PeopleTools
* Oracle PeopleSoft PS 9.1 Database
* Oracle PeopleSoft ELM 9.1 PeopleTools
* Oracle PeopleSoft ELM 9.1 Database
* Oracle PeopleSoft CRM 9.1 PeopleTools
* Oracle PeopleSoft CRM 9.1 Database
* JD Edwards Enterprise One - ORCLVMDB
* JD Edwards Enterprise One - ORCLVMHTML
* JD Edwards Enterprise One - ORCLVMENT
* Oracle PeopleSoft FSCM 9.1 PeopleTools
* Oracle PeopleSoft FSCM 9.1 Database
* Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1.3 App Tier