JavaOne 2010 - Thursday September 23, Versioning Strategies for Service-Oriented Architectures
By gopalan on Sep 09, 2010
I'll be presenting a technical session (S313771 ) entitled Versioning Strategies for Service-Oriented Architectures with Kiran Bhumana at the JavaOne 2010 conference on Thursday September 23, 2010 from 11:00am to 12:00pm in The Cyril Magnin III
) entitled Versioning Strategies for Service-Oriented Architectures with Kiran Bhumana at the JavaOne 2010 conference on Thursday September 23, 2010 from 11:00am to 12:00pm in The Cyril Magnin IIIRoom at The Hotel Parc 55 in San Francisco.
This presentation provides Best-Practices to evolve Messages, Services, and the Service Infrastructure of your SOA
Business changes force evolution of service contracts and business processes. Iterative project life cycles require versioning support. Bugs fixes or additional requirements force newer versions to be deployed. There are a number of challenges in versioning support. Which contract version to use? Which implementation version to use? How can multiple versions coexist? How to hot deploy newer versions without affecting existing instances? How to route messages to the appropriate version of the instance? How and when to migrate existing instances to the newer deployed versions? How to solve additional challenges due to correlating services? We will propose architecturally innovative solutions for designing and solving version challenges.
- Versioning support in SOA
- Objects, Components, Services, and Messages
- Service Contracts
- Versioning (what & why of it)
- Compatibility Defined
- Message evolution patterns
- Namespace Pattern for versioning
- Parameter Pattern for versioning
- Using Version Extensibility Points
- Service evolution patterns
- Operation Based Versioning
- Message Router at endpoints
- Mediator/Intermediary Pattern
- Endpoint Pattern for versioning
- Service Endpoint lookup pattern
- Multiple Endpoint Addresses
- Version-aware Registry using UDDI
- Lifecycle Pattern to Service Versioning
- Infrastructure evolution patterns
- Adapter Pattern to evolve the Service Infrastructure
|Session Title:||Versioning Strategies for Service-Oriented Architectures|
|Session Abstract:||This presentation provides Best-Practices to evolve Messages, Services, and the Service Infrastructure of your SOA.
|Track:||Enterprise Service Architectures and the Cloud - The Java Frontier|
|Speaker(s):||Gopalan Suresh Raj, Sun Microsystems; Kiran Bhumana, eBay, Inc.|
Like this write-up? Subscribe to receive more like it.