Thursday Jul 12, 2012
Welcome to the "Under the Microscope" blog. So you've recently decided to take a look at Oracle Solaris 11, the latest version of the #1 enterprise UNIX operating system? Well, we're here to help you find your way. I'm Glynn Foster, Oracle Solaris product manager working in Wellington, New Zealand. I've been working at Oracle since 2010, having joined them as part of the Sun Microsystems acquisition. I'll be taking you on a tour of some of the features of the operating system, some useful resources you can use to help you get started, and making sure you're aware of the latest news and events that are happening. So sit back, grab a beer, and start figuring out what the hype is all about. Cheers!
- New Oracle Solaris 11 Administration Handbook
- DevOps on Oracle Solaris 11
- Another OTN Virtual Sys Admin Day
- Integrated technologies FTW
- Applying read-only protection with Immutable Zones
- Secure Remote RESTful Administration with RAD
- Periodic and scheduled services with SMF
- Remote Administration with RAD and Oracle Solaris 11
- Oracle Solaris 11.3 Beta Now Available!
- Managing Oracle Solaris systems with Puppet