Sun HPC Software, Linux Edition 1.2 Now Available!
By Makia Minich on Jan 09, 2009
This release builds on the features included in version 1.1 of the stack, including:
- Support for Red Hat 5.2 and CentOS 5.2
- OFED 1.3.1
- Lustre 1.6.6
- Optional Kickstart-based installation
Improvements included in version 1.2 of the stack include:
- Boot Over Infiniband (BoIB) support
- New versions of oneSIS (2.0.1) and SLURM (1.3.10)
- Inclusion of Mellanox Firmware Tools (version 2.5.0)
- Optional perfctr-patched kernel for compute nodes
Sun HPC Software, Linux Edition is an integrated open-source software solution for Linux-based HPC clusters running on Sun hardware. It provides a framework of software components to simplify the process of deploying and managing large-scale Linux HPC clusters.
For more information or to download this new version, please visit the Sun HPC Software, Linux Edition product page at the following URL: http://www.sun.com/software/products/hpcsoftware/
Thanks to everyone in the community who helped us by providing early feedback and testing.