Updates for Wicket Plugin in NetBeans IDE 6.7
By Geertjan on Aug 20, 2009
When you click the Download button, you should get a ZIP with a name ending in "Wicket4NB67-3.zip". That's the right one, the previous one ended "Wicket4NB67-2.zip".
The changes are as follows:
- Libraries from the final release of 1.4 Wicket are bundled and the 1.4 RC-5 libraries are removed.
- Enhancements from Hantsy Bai: The "Frameworks" panel in the Project Properties dialog should now correctly display whether the current application supports Wicket. In addition, the Login sample and the Pizza sample now both use the Wicket filter instead of the Wicket servlet. Both samples now correctly reflect in the "Frameworks" panel that they support Wicket.
- Enhancements from Daniel Toffetti: The Login sample now works correctly because the sample has been changed so that Wicket's built in support for https is used instead of the original hand-coded support in the sample. I believe Daniel wins a prize for this fix, I recall promising a prize for whoever provided this fix.
- Enhancements from Milos Kleint: Maven projects now work with Wicket, thanks to patches provided by Milos, (issue 6 and issue 14). Read about this enhancement here.
- Enhancements from Tim Boudreau: Code templates for Wicket. Try typing the word "form" (i.e., without the quotation marks) in a Wicket page constructor and then press the TAB key. Then do the same with "lbl".
I haven't tried the plugin at all in 6.7.1. Hopefully someone else will do so and create an issue if it doesn't work there, with as much info as possible. Feedback on the above is very welcome, as issues in the plugin's Issuezilla.
That's it for this time. Great to have several contributions! Many more welcome, of course (all in "nb_67" branch, please).