JFugue Music NotePad & the NetBeans Platform Setting
By Geertjan-Oracle on Jul 09, 2008
/home/geertjan/Desktop/nbj/nbjfuguesupport/build.xml:7: The following error occurred while executing this line: /home/geertjan/Desktop/nbj/nbjfuguesupport/nbproject/build-impl.xml:19: You must define 'nbplatform.NetBeans_IDE_5.5.1_(Build_200704122300).harness.dir'
To fix this:
- Right-click the "Music NotePad" node in the Projects window.
- Choose Properties and then go to the Libraries node.
- In the "NetBeans Platform" drop-down, browse to the main folder of NetBeans IDE 5.5. Click Next and Finish.
- In the "NetBeans Platform" drop-down, make sure that you now see "NetBeans IDE 5.5", together with the name of some 5.5 build. Then click OK.
- Now run the application and it will start without a problem.
In other words, the message above appears if you haven't set the platform for the JFugue Music NotePad. The platform (i.e., the NetBeans Platform) provides the underlying modules that the application is built on top of. Currently, the platform used by the application is NetBeans Platform 5.5 (or 5.5.1), which doesn't mean that you can't use NetBeans IDE 6.x for development purposes, of course.