Generate BundleActivators for OSGi Bundles in Netigso!
By Geertjan-Oracle on May 17, 2009
- Create OSGi Bundle project:
- Specify location and whether it belongs to an application:
- Specify unique code name, display name, localizing bundle, and optional layer.xml file:
- Finish the wizard and then you have the applicable OSGi keys in your manifest, as well as a dependency on the OSGi framework, so that you can reference the OSGi container APIs (that's thanks to Build 131 of Netigso):
- Next, use the "Module Installer" wizard, exactly as you'd do for a NetBeans module. I.e., nothing to fill in at all, simply click Finish:
- And now you have a BundleActivator class, instead of a NetBeans API ModuleInstall class:
Excellent, right? Now, the main thing I'm looking forward to is services in BundleContexts being added to the Lookup of applications, so that NetBeans modules can use the Lookup to access those OSGi services!