Creating Error Annotations in NetBeans IDE (Part 2)
By Geertjan-Oracle on Dec 02, 2006
However, what confuses me is that in the XML file that defines the annotation, the type seems irrelevant. Whether I set line or linepart, the linepart annotation above works fine. This seems very strange. To give an idea of what such an XML file looks like, have a look at the verification package in the Wicket module. There editor hints are also provided. It all seems pretty tricky and I'm glad Petr Pisl contributed all that code, because I certainly would not have been able to do it. (I will blog about the annotation DTD soon, in the coming blogs in this series about error annotations.)
Last night Roumen and I had an excellent time with Paris, Marco, Panos, and Panos's wife. We started at a very traditional Greek restaurant, with food and ouzo (for me) and a traditional Greek band singing about love and pain (according to Panos). For me, the highlight of the evening was, definitely, the part where we were all doing the traditional Greek circle dance, with Paris shouting "left!" in my right ear and Roumen attached to my left shoulder as we swept around and around in front of everyone in the restaurant. Another highlight was Marco doing a traditional Greek dance, very passionate and moving. There may have been many more highlights last night, but I discovered that two bottles of ouzo causes a memory leak of several hours, which have been wiped from my hard disk completely. But, anyway, it was really a fantastic evening that I will remember for a long time, apart from the last several deleted hours...