By Geertjan on May 17, 2013
13 QoS mechanisms are supported, which can be divided in three groups: packet classification & marking, active queue management, and packet scheduling algorithms.
The network topology is fully customizable, including:
- link bit rate and length (in meters)
- link reliability
- simulation of input/output queues
- simulation of RX/TX buffers
- size of all buffers/queues
- different data flows (TCP/UDP/ICMP protocols supported, various packet sizes, realistic packet generation delays)
The simulations have been tested and compared with real CISCO devices, with positive results.
qSim was developed at the Faculty of Informatics and Information Technologies, Slovak University of Technology, in Bratislava.