By Geertjan-Oracle on Sep 08, 2008
- 01:15 Tinu talks about the (great new) NetBeans forums and the NetBeans World Tour:
- NetBeans Forums
- NetBeans World Tour Kicks Off in Sao Paulo! (October 1)
- NetBeans World Tour
- Sun Tech Days 2008-2009
- 05:45 Lukas tells us about the QE team:
- Lukas blog
- NetBeans QE Team Blog
- Issue Reporting Guidelines
- Hudson as a tool for testing? Yes!
- Exception reporter
- Exception Reporter Project UI Spec
- Backward compatibility testing
- Patches (Patch 3 just released (9/4))
- How do I test a 6.5M2 or later platform-based application?
- Can we run performance tests without XTest?
- 18:15 James tells us about the NetBeans Community Docs Program:
- 22:40 Jaroslav's API design tip:
- 28:35 Mailbox focus on edu.netbeans.org, the site for teachers who use NetBeans in the classroom:
- 30:45 Plugin of the podcast: Swing Explorer Plugin
- 33:00 Puzzler
Meet Cormac Lawless from Ireland, holding his prize (a signed copy of "Rich Client Programming: Plugging into the NetBeans Platform") as the winner from two podcasts ago ("What does NetCAT stand for?"):
Cormac is the support manager with Ram Technologies Ltd, which is part of the Ram Group. He is responsible for hardware and software support for Duplication Systems in Ireland. He says: "I have recently undertaken a Java programming course so this book should help me as I progress through the course."
Send the answer to the puzzler to: email@example.com by Friday, 26 September 2008.
If there are topics/people you'd like to hear about in future podcasts, please also let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org. If your e-mail is mentioned during the podcast, you'll win a t-shirt!
To subscribe via iTunes or similar players, visit http://feeds.feedburner.com/NetBeansPodcast.