Boosts Sales Performance and Supports Growth by Implementing Oracle Sales Cloud
Created in 1957, SYSTRA is an international engineering and consulting group in the field of mobility, and the world leader in transport infrastructure design. Present in 80 countries, the organization is a public limited company owned by RATP, SNCF, and French banks.
SYSTRA required a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool for the whole group, and wanted to improve its business efficiency. The CRM tool had to be able to amalgamate information about customers and prospects, allow SYSTRA’s users to exchange information throughout the world.
- Facilitate collaboration between sales staff to improve the overall sales process in order to reach SYSTRA’s strategic objective of €800 million by doubling turnover between 2013 and 2018
- Implement an easy-to-use sales management tool to consolidate the sales pipeline and eliminate manual errors
- Consolidate sales data distributed across all group entities to provide a global overview of business efficiency
- Deploy a worldwide, bilingual, and multi-currency cloud solution
- Enabled sales data to be shared throughout the group by deploying Oracle Sales Cloud globally for 300 business users located in France and across Europe, the Middle East, North America and Latin America, Africa, and Asia Pacific regions
- Created a common business information platform using Oracle Sales Cloud as a single data repository for the whole SYSTRA group, providing a global view of the group's sales activity and a detailed view of each customer relationship
- Increased the visibility of business development activities thanks to a global perspective on the client portfolios, prospects, and contacts managed by each of SYSTRA’s sales territories
- Increased the reliability of business data thanks to the ability to update all information in real time, globally
- Introduced proactive real-time management of sales activity, enhancing monitoring and development of key performance indicators, and significantly improving responsiveness to customers and prospects
- Improved the quality of business information, and increased collaboration between sales teams by enabling them to easily share accurate and up-to-date data with colleagues
- Optimized customer relationship management by using Oracle Sales Cloud to standardize processes for lead, opportunity, and account management
Oracle Consulting supported the SYSTRA teams from solution design through deployment. The main role of Oracle Consulting was to develop a solution that fit SYSTRA’s business processes and practices, while respecting the implementation schedule and associated budgets. Beginning with a workshop in October 2015, Oracle delivered the first prototype in November 2015. Following a second prototype delivered in late January 2016, full deployment in all eight regions was completed, in three waves, by October 2016. To SYSTRA’s satisfaction, the close-knit collaboration between Oracle and SYSTRA teams enabled all deadlines and budgets to be fully respected.
SYSTRA has been developing on the world stage since its creation in 1957. Founded originally to export French know-how in the field of public transport, SYSTRA is now present in more than 80 countries. More than half of its engineers and technicians are based outside France to ensure proximity to customers. In order to strengthen its presence in the main international markets, SYSTRA has embarked on a targeted acquisition strategy. The company is currently focusing on developing its activities in Australia, Brazil, India, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.