Oracle Sales Cloud—implemented by Oracle Consulting Services—will arm our organization with the business intelligence, control, and synchronized data to be ready for the ever-increasing competition in the steel market.
— Dr Vincenzo Mazzola, Sales and Marketing Director, ASO Siderurgica
ASO Siderurgica Readies for Entry to International Markets with CRM Solution That Moves the Sales Operation off Spreadsheets and out of Sellers’ Heads.
ASO Siderurgica S.p.A. is known as a leading Italian manufacturer in the industrial manufacturing industry because of the very customized steel products the company delivers to the specialty markets it serves—the oil and gas, petrochemicals, power generation, aerospace, mechanical engineering, and naval industries.
Due to the specialty markets ASO Siderurgica serves with its steel products, the unique and technical needs of each of its customers, and the desire to expand to new, international markets and sectors while competing with large multi-national organizations, the company needed a state-of-the-art and flexible CRM solution that would easily integrate with the existing Oracle ERP platform. In the past, there were many unknowns—among them the situation in which available information was limited to existing customers only, leaving ASO Siderurgica unable to determine the size of market or opportunity or identify reasons for lost business.
- Develop market intelligence to better identify potential customers, minimizing risk associated with relying on 80% of business coming from only 20% of customers in a single market like oil and gas
Improve operational efficiency by implementing a CRM system to organize the company’s many customers and abandon the existing process of managing the sales operation by spreadsheet and email
- Unearth actionable insights to add value, and identify market trends and sales opportunities by industry sector—from oil and gas to aerospace and naval industries
- Improve ability to manage sales effectiveness and performance, analyze leads, capture prospect and customer feedback, and conduct forecasting with a structured approach
- Enhance effectiveness of growing sales staff located around the globe with access to industry, existing client, white space, and domestic and foreign markets information with consistent and user-friendly experience across devices
- Connect existing ERP platform with flexible CRM solution that integrates and synchronizes all master data, regardless of geography
- Increase business agility by simplifying access to information, eliminating the need to gather information from multiple departments to piece together a picture of the customer
- Minimized business risk by seamlessly integrating a new CRM - Oracle Sales Cloud - with the manufacturing company’s existing Oracle ERP platform, making information and know-how that previously was housed only in the heads of sales staff and shared in a vacuum of email and spreadsheets, available to all as reports, charts, and graphs
- Empowered 40 professional users to benefit from connected sales processes across departments and easily filter information to quickly and accurately pinpoint sales opportunities, largely in the oil and gas industry, and identify any trouble spots
- Pivoted from serving established customers in a reactive manner to a proactive one by creating single source of information about all accounts on Oracle Sales Cloud, gaining access to valuable market and customer insights rather than relying on customers to come forward with new orders or the insights of a couple of employees
- Increased forecast accuracy with much-needed market intelligence by pulling in data from multiple sources to show one, consolidated and synchronized view on Oracle Sales Cloud and developing more accurate forecasts in less time
- Increased ability to compete in foreign markets and diversify business beyond the small-to-medium enterprises ASO Siderurgica typically serves in Italy, empowering key account managers to obtain critical insights and make-or-break details that are needed before meeting with a new customer
- Improved pipeline management by giving sales executives access to deep analytics regarding sales performance and team activities via tablet—pre-built reports that let sales managers track and measure sales rep activity and adjust accordingly
- Improved adherence to sustainability initiatives by reducing paper required to discuss forecasts thanks to the analytics built into the solution, as users can view key performance indicators and dashboards from anywhere on any mobile device
- Ensured a smooth implementation and system optimization within six weeks only by working with Oracle Consulting Services to perform the installation
- Realized benefits of Oracle Sales Cloud early on as the detailed reporting delivered by the solution allowed the company to assess how their products and pricing would benefit international customers and enter new steel markets
CUSTOMER SUCCESS - ASO Siderurgicahttps://www.oracle.com/customers/aso-1-sales-cloud.html