Beginning today, you will be able to download the installation kit for WebCenter Content v12c! As always, we recommend that you wait for the first Bundle Patch release (12.2.1, rather than 220.127.116.11) before moving up to 12c, but here's a look at what's inside. What's new? Lots! What's old? Some... Need some help? We have it! Let's have a look:
Oracle WebCenter Content includes
the following new features and enhancements.
- Oracle WebCenter Content User Interface
- The interface for WebCenter Content has changed with
an update to the Alta skin. It has some User Interface (UI) changes to go
with it like relocation of some of the UI elements. For instance, the
Title bar is moved to a drop down menu. The new UI is designed to reduce
- The installation process for Oracle WebCenter Content
is improved for this release. WebCenter Content User Interface is in the
same WebLogic Server domain as other Oracle WebCenter Content components.
See the new Installing and Configuring Oracle WebCenter Content
guide for installation procedures.
- Annotation support for
documents. For more information see Using Oracle WebCenter Content
- Imaging: in Release 12c (12.2.1), the Imaging
component is embedded in the Content Server and provides the Imaging
functionality to the WebCenter Content users. The Imaging 11g Upgrade
tool that is provided by the Imaging component is enabled with Content Server
by default and is used to migrate imaging documents to the latest version
of WebCenter Content.
information, see the Migrating Imaging 11g guide in Administering Oracle
upgrade information see Upgrade Guide for Oracle WebCenter.
- EventNotification Services, a
new set of services for generating and publishing events.
- Imaging Services, a new set of
services related to imaging and annotations.
- FLD_DELETE updated to support
the new Trash feature.
- FLD_RESTORE updated to accept
a new input parameter, dRevLabel.
- For more
information see Services Reference for Oracle WebCenter Content.
Converter Template Editor
- The new HTML Converter
Template Editor replaces the Transit technology Dynamic Converter
template editor. It is a Java App that can be run inside a web browser as
a Java applet. The interface has changed to support the new Template
editor. For more information see Template Editor Guide for Dynamic
- Desktop Integration Suite
- The Desktop Integration Suite
has many new features and enhancements. Some of the main enhancements
include better integration with the Microsoft Office suite of products,
access to the folders within WebCenter Content Server, and integration
with Lotus Notes. For more information see Using Oracle WebCenter
- Oracle WebCenter Enterprise
- New WLST commands to import & clone a workspace,
display Import Processor tokens for a workspace, and delete specific
Import Processor HA tokens.
- Support for image preservation during import.
- Support for document attachments.
- Ability to find a document within a batch based on
- Duplicate a document or page.
- For more information see Managing Oracle WebCenter
The following applications have been
deprecated in WebCenter Content in release 12c (12.2.1):
- WebCenter Content IRM
- WebCenter Content Content CPS
(Content Portlet Suite)
- WebCenter Content SharePoint
- WebCenter Content Dynamic
Converter Template Editor (Transit)
- WebCenter Content Tracker Reports
- WebCenter Content URM Adapters
- WebCenter IPM Managed Server
- WebCenter Content Integrated
JSP TomCat Support