SQL Developer, SQL Developer Data Modeler, SQLcl, and REST Data Services are all updated and released as version 19.2!
A few things of note from the Master Product Manager Jeff Smith:
- Oracle Java 11 is now supported. You can run 12 as well, but we tested and certified 11. 8 is also still supported, and we ship Java 8 JDK with the embedded Windows 64 distribution.
- ORDS is no longer included with SQL Developer. You can still use the Installer/Run wizards for ORDS, but you’ll need to download the ZIP from OTN first.
- ORDS and the DB API has been enhanced, most notably we have end points for running Data Pump Imports and creating new databases with the Database Creation Assistant.
- Data Modeler now supports (robustly!) versioning your designs with Git.
- SQLcl now allows you to enable SQL Injection warnings when creating/compiling PL/SQL.
- SQLcl now includes support for Liquibase – and we’ll create your changelogs for you!
- Lots and lots of bug fixes.
More information available here!
You may check the Product Manager schedule at Oracle Open World here.
The software is available on OTN as follows:
- SQL Developer 19.2
- SQL Developer Data Modeler 19.2
- Oracle REST Data Services 19.2
- SQLcl 19.2