Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) 19.1 is released!
Thanks to Tamzin Oscroft for providing this information!
Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) is a command-line-driven data collection framework that can gather product and environmental information to assist in problem diagnosis. Full information on RDA is available in Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) – Information Center (DocID 2388643.2).
RDA 19.1 has a new collection and profile for JD Edwards Enterprise One in a WebLogic Server (WLS) domain, and adds a new profile for Hyperion Financial Data Management (FDM) Enterprise Edition. In addition, the following improvements are in place:
- The expanded use of MBeans to collect information from newer versions of Oracle Identity Manager (OIM)
- Updated space checks in the Advanced Consultancy Services Database Administrator (ACS DBA) collection to allow for Automatic Segment Space Management (ASSM) tables and indexes
- Recognition of a wider range of Virtual Machine (VM) vendors
- Improved pre-installation checks for database client Red Hat Package Manager (RPMs) on Linux
- Recognition of more recent SUSE Linux Enterprise Server-12 (SLES-12) kernels in the Linux database health checks
- Correction to the Java Transaction Application Program Interface (JTA) timeout calculation in the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) healthcheck
This release of RDA is bundled with the 2.12.35R release of Diagnostic Assistant (DA), which has been rebuilt with java development kit (JDK) 1.6. The DA tool is a command line interface designed to simplify and standardize the end user’s experience with tools including RDA, Automatic Diagnostic Repository (ADR), and Oracle Configuration Manager (OCM). In addition, DA can work with Oracle applications such as JDE EnterpriseOne, Siebel, and PeopleSoft, providing a basic Java interface to facilitate the user’s data collection.
For more information about DA functionality, refer to Diagnostic Assistant: Information Center (Doc ID 201804.2)
For more information on RDA, review these helpful resources:
- Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) – Getting Started (DocID 314422.1)
- Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA) – FAQ (Doc ID 330363.1)
- Resolve Problems Faster! Use Remote Diagnostic Agent (RDA ) – Fusion Middleware and WebLogic Server (Doc ID 1498376.1)