Oracle Outside In Technology 8.5.5 has been Released
The Oracle Outside In team is pleased to announce the release of Oracle Outside In 8.5.5 into general availability.
Oracle Outside In 8.5.5 is now available for download. The documentation is also available online.
Important new features in Oracle Outside In 8.5.5 include the following:
The new supported formats are:
- Microsoft Access (text only) Windows 2019
- Microsoft Office Theme files (File ID only) Windows 2019
- Microsoft Outlook (MSG), Express (EML), Forms Template (OFT), OST, and PST of Windows 2019
- Microsoft Outlook OST 2019
- Microsoft Outlook PST 2019
- Microsoft Word for Windows 2019
- Microsoft Excel for Windows (.xlsb) 2019
- Microsoft Excel for Windows 2019
- Microsoft Powerpoint for Windows 2019
- Hanword HWP - Hengal Specification 5.0.4.x and 5.0.5.x
The new supported platforms are:
- Linux Platforms - OEL/RHEL 8.x, SLES 15.x
- Windows Platforms - Windows Server 2019
The new options are:
- For more information on the new options. Refer to What’s New document.
General accuracy and fidelity features
- BIDI Status Information handling in .NET and Java Application.
- Improved handling of CJK, CID and other Embedded fonts in PDF documents processing.
- Improved processing of spreadsheets with more than 100 rows.
- Complete features list is available in What’s New document.
Here are some links to Documentation, Supported Formats and Certified Platforms:
Oracle Outside In team always encourages users of Oracle Outside In 8.5.4, 8.5.3 and earlier versions to upgrade to Oracle Outside In 8.5.5.