Fancy moving your Oracle APEX applications on Oracle Autonomous Database?
Then you may benefit from the complete cookbook, with examples, that demonstrates how to accomplish this move offered by Joel Kallman, the Product Manager of Oracle Application Express here!
The High-Level Steps from the cookbook:
You can follow the steps below to move your APEX applications, associated data schemas, and local RESTful services to Autonomous Database:
- Archive your APEX applications - This step copies your APEX application definitions into your local schema
- Export your data schema(s) - This will be used to move all of your exiting data objects and data
- Stage your export file(s) - Copy the Data Pump export file into the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Object Storage
- Connect to Autonomous Database and Import File - Your data schema(s) will now be moved
- Create an APEX Workspace - Define your new APEX workspace where your applications will be restored
- Remove database objects and install APEX Application Archive App - Run a small SQL script to remove the objects which prevent the APEX Application Archive App from installing
- Restore the APEX Applications - Using the APEX Application Archive productivity app, you can easily restore all of your APEX applications
- Copy ORDS RESTful Services - If you have defined RESTful Services on-premises then use this step to copy them to the cloud
- Complete post migration tasks in Autonomous Database, if applicable.
More on Autonomous Database here!