Starting with Oracle Application Express 18.1, you can generate a swagger document by setting up the URL at the Oracle Application Express instance level.
This allows you to define the URL for a Swagger server. Oracle Application Express sends generated swagger document to the server for rendering when the URL is setup at the instance level.
Oracle Application Express just displays the JSON generated for Swagger when the URL is not specified.
In summary the steps to generate a Swagger a document are:
- On the Workspace home page, click SQL Workshop and then RESTful Services. The RESTful Services home page appears.
- Click ORDS Based RESTful Services. The ORDS RESTful services page appears.
- Select the module for which you want to generate Swagger document.
- Click Generate Swagger Doc on the left pane.
- If a Swagger UI URL is defined at the instance level, then Oracle Application Express calls the URL and pass the ORDS Swagger Doc URL to it. Opens in a new browser tab and the swagger documentation appears .
- If the Swagger UI is not defined, Oracle Application Express simply calls ORDS to produce the Swagger documentation JSON file and present that in a new tab.
Official documentation on this can be found here
Also, a step-by-step example can be found here