A new whitepaper has been released detailing the migration process from Oracle Identity Manager (OIM) 18.104.22.168.x to 22.214.171.124.x.
OIG Migration Strategy to 12cPS3 (Doc ID 2621548.1)
This whitepaper shares Oracle certified methods to stand up a clone of production 126.96.36.199 OIM environments, including database replication, allowing for process optimization going into a production upgrade. The approach presented in the whitepaper reduces downtime and allows for greater ease in upgrading today's challenging custom environments. With this process there are the following benefits:
1. Time to upgrade is now measurable and specific to the nuances of the environment being upgraded.
2. Less discrepancy between test and production environments: create an exact clone of any environment for testing
3. Simplified rollback: the source environment will remain intact and available if there are no changes implemented to the new environment during upgrade.
4. Ability to test integrations after upgrade with real data and use cases.
5. Testing/scaling post upgrade can be tested on the clone prior to swapping it in.
6. Less downtime required.