By Irem Radzik-Oracle on Oct 02, 2014
On Tuesday we announced the winners of 2014 Oracle Excellence Awards for Fusion Middleware Innovation in a special, Oscars-like Awards Ceremony at the beautiful Yerba Buena Center for the Arts. Siddhartha Agarwal, VP of Product Management and Strategy at Oracle, hosted this special event and really entertained the large crowd with jokes after jokes, and interesting stories from several winners.
After a brief description of Oracle Fusion Middleware product family, its focus on excelling as "The Cloud Platform for Digital Business", and the history of the awards, he started announcing the winners of the 9 product categories.
And the winners for product categories are:
- Oracle Development Tools and Framework: Dallas Airmotive, and Echo Entertainment Group
- Business Process Management: State Revenue Office of Victoria, and Vertafore
- Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud: Grupo Fármacos Especializados and 7-Eleven, Inc.
- Oracle Service-Oriented Architecture: Benesse Corporation, Inc., and Securitas Direct
- Oracle Cloud Application Foundation: Verizon Communications, and TUI Travel PLC
- Oracle Identity Management: Safeway Inc., and Cisco Systems Inc.
- Oracle Data Integration: NET Serviços de Comunicação S.A. and Griffith University
- Big Data and Business Analytics: B/E Aerospace, Inc. and Xtime Inc.
- Oracle WebCenter: McAfee, Inc., and Banque du Liban
After we learned about each of these winner's impressive projects, Siddhartha talked about the key trends in the enterprise computing world and how it affects the key solutions we see our middleware customers implement. He discussed the big trends including cloud adoption, increased mobility and the need to modernize/extend legacy application. With that background info Siddhartha shared the surprise of the night: Starting this year, Oracle Excellence Awards for Fusion Middleware Innovation added 3 new solution categories: Enterprise Mobility, Cloud, and Oracle AppAdvantage
And the winners of this year's 3 solution categories are:
- Enterprise Mobility: National Pharmacies
- Oracle AppAdvantage: Ricoh Americas Corp
- Cloud: Eaton Corporation, and Bundesagentur für Arbeit
Before closing the Awards Ceremony, Siddhartha thanked everyone, who contributed to the 2014 FMW Innovation Awards. A special thank you went to the partners that submitted more than 50% of ALL nominations this year.
Of course, this Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards program would not reach this success without the customers that implement cutting-edge technologies, ground breaking solutions, and take the time to submit their nominations for this award...
Congratulations to all winners and their partners for achieving great results with Oracle Fusion
Middleware, and thank you for your commitment to innovation!