By Carlos Chang-Oracle on Jul 07, 2014
Reposting for Greg Stachnick, Sr. Product Manager
Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse 188.8.131.52 adds new support for mobile application development using the new Oracle MAF framework. From within Eclipse, you can now develop hybrid mobile applications deploying to both iOS and Android devices. Some of the new features include:
Oracle Mobile Application Framework Design Time Support
- New MAF Project Wizards help you get started with the correct project structure to start writing mobile applications
- New MAF perspective configures your workspace with the most relevant Eclipse Views for mobile development
- Android SDK and Apple XCode Configuration Wizards setup your Eclipse workspace to build and deploy your work to Android and iOS devices and simulators
- AMX Tag Palette, Drag and Drop Patterns, and Smart Editors help you use and configure over 80 MAF components to develop your mobile applications
- New Web Service Data Control simplifies binding mobile components to local and remote SOAP-based web services
- Mobile Application descriptor editor provides a form based editor to assemble MAF applications, manage mobile security, configure Cordova plugins, and more
- Mobile Feature descriptor editor provides a form based editor to create, manage, and reuse MAF features and more
- Support for visual Task Flow creation, Bindings, and Data Controls in Mobile application development
- MAF Feature and Application packaging for sharing and reuse of features across multiple mobile applications
- AppXray dependency tracking and refactoring for MAF projects including AMX components, feature configurations, application configurations, bindings, task flows, and more
- Deploy and Debug to Android & iOS Simulators or Devices directly from within your Eclipse workspace
- Access Device and Simulator error logs of your running applications help debug runtime issues from within Eclipse
Oracle Mobile Application Framework Runtime
Oracle Mobile Application Framework 2.0 is shipped with OEPE zip distributions and available for download through Eclipse Update. No need to download an external runtime as the framework is included with the development tools out of the box.
Oracle Mobile Application Framework Samples
Over a dozen complete Mobile examples applications are included with the MAF tools. These sample demonstrate examples and best practices for data visualization, binding to web services, using Cordova plugins to access device features, and more. See the MAF Example Applications under the standard Eclipse Examples wizard for list of samples and detailed descriptions.
To read the original post, click here.