By Michelle Kimihira on May 02, 2013
Oracle Fast Data Product Marketing Team
This week we hit on some brave new developments in the world of high velocity big data solutions: enter Fast Data. Let’s review the essential top five:
1) As increased volumes of data become commonplace across many industry sectors, the value of applying a big data strategy (which includes high velocity) has become the new normal.
2) The increased importance of the Internet of Things and now the Internet of Everything #IoT has made the importance of reconciling the speed of information as more of these devices become connected.
3) No longer do we see fast data in only financial stock exchanges or limited to Hadoop based deployments; but it’s becoming more and more pervasive across industries as companies are recognizing the need to run their businesses in real-time.
4) Fast Data is a complimentary approach to big data for managing large quantities of in-flight data that helps organizations get a jump on those business-critical decisions. Fast data is the continuous access and processing of events and data in real-time for the purposes of gaining instant awareness and instant action. Fast data can leverage big data sources, but it also adds a real-time component of being able to take action on events and information before they even enter a Big Data or a traditional BI / DW system.
5) Oracle’s fast data solutions offer multiple technologies that work hand-in-hand to create value out of high-velocity, high-volume data. They are designed to optimize the efficiency, scale for processing high volume events and transactions. Only Oracle provides a complete and best-of-breed platform for fast data to handle increasing volume, velocity & variety of events and data to generate value for customers looking to implement a range of real time analytics use cases.
You can find our solution whitepaper on Oracle Fast Data here.
You can find all the videos and assets for The New Business Imperative: Social, Mobile, Cloud screencast program here.
Remember to follow us on #OracleFastData and keep watching www.oracle.com/fastdata
Engage with Us