Oracle HCM Cloud provides a straightforward upgrade and update experience. Get prepared in advance for a successful transition to the latest release updates.
This white paper helps ensure that you complete all the tasks for a successful upgrade. Follow the step-by-step instructions in the upgrade planning checklists to track and plan the Release 13 upgrade. These checklists are designed to provide advanced planning information. Release 12 customers may choose to use this information to plan future solutions as they are enhanced. For some localization customers, upgrade is essential to meet compliance requirements.
It is crucial to develop a release plan to ensure a smooth transition from old technology to new.
You must evaluate your business priorities versus resource availability in order to determine how to plan your upgrade. Common approaches are:
|R12 PRE-UPG||Key Actions||Helpful Tips|
|Choose dates for R13UPG (first come first served)||1) Feasibility of Technical Upgrade only
2) Self-service request via My Services
3) Schedule P2T/T2T via My Services
|Release 13 Upgrade Planning Checklist
for resource planning:
- New Features (see column B)
- Release Schedules (see columns C/E)
- Upgrade Impact (see column D) ***
*** action is on the partner and customer to assess the impacts, that Oracle can only suggest potential impacts
Stage to upgrade on Tuesdays whereas Production(Prod)/Parallel Prod on Weekends
- replay Scheduling Rel13 Upgrade on Customer Connec
If project in midst of implementation phase, consider upgrade Stage and Pre-Prod in the same week
If customer is live and has one Stage one Parallel Prod, consider upgrade Prod/Parallel Prod in the same week thereafter P2T
|Scope of UPG Testing||1) Plan and prepare new test scripts||Review functional known issues/workaround, see Doc ID 1554838.1 for Release 13 HCM Cloud Release 13 Upgrade Planning Checklist for uptake actions:
- Business flow (see column N)
- Profile option values (see column R)
- Security roles and function privileges (see column S)
- Navigation path (see column T)
- Product training and white paper (see columns V-Z)
- Decision on Priority Order (AA), Reimplement (AB), Must Uptake (AC), Consider Hiding (Q) based on columns (F/G/L)
|Enable Offerings||1) Enabling Offerings and Functional Areas
2) Enabling Features
|Select enable for implementation checkbox
Configure Features and Feature Choices
|Configuration Freeze||1) Backup
2) Change Freeze
|Before P2T or T2T if Gold instance:
- Production changes, for example customization, configuration, and data fix script to freeze prior to P2T/T2T
- Publish Sandbox, exit dummy sandboxes
- Never attempt to import R12 packages to R13
- Prepare BI backups in both target and source instances
- Cease all ESS jobs in source instance for upgrade to start
|R13 POST-UPG||Key Actions||Helpful Tips|
|Switch to using consolidated (server) URL prior to upgrade regression testing||Product family specific nodes like 'fs', 'crm', 'hcm' etc are replaced by 'fa', example:
|Perform R13 post-upgrade functional steps||Configuration Changes||Release 13 Upgrade Planning Checklist for resource planning:
- FSM Opt-in Feature (see column K)
- Profile Options (see column R)
- Security Role & Function Privileges (see column S)
|Tools||Download Desktop Integration Installer||Re-install ADFdi correct version on client:
(Navigator) Tools > Download Desktop Integration Installer
|On-going Uptakes||Announcements: (Month) Advisory - Visibility into New Cloud Apps Functionality||Specifically, this communication lists the products that release new functionality in the forthcoming schedule.
- Review the updated What's New for the recent changes. Read Revision History first.
Release 13 Transaction Console comprises three work areas: 1. Transaction Summary 2. Analytics 3. Approval Rules Instead of using the BPM...
Archiving and Purging is a data growth control method that Oracle HCM Cloud customers can adopt into a strategy for information life cycle...