Archiving and Purging is a data growth control method that Oracle HCM Cloud customers can adopt into a strategy for information life cycle management (LCM).
Purge Load Batch Data (customers)
- Maintaining the stage and interface tables in all environments is the responsibility of customers * make this a regular task
- Customers have full control of when and how frequently to delete stage table data
Archive then Purge Completed BPM Tasks (CloudOps/customers)
- BPM tasks in terminal state (STATE = COMPLETED, ERRORED, EXPIRED, WITHDRAWN) will be archived
- In-progress tasks that are still outstanding and active (STATE = ASSIGNED, ALERTED, INFO_REQUESTED, OUTCOME_UPDATED, SUSPENDED) will not be archived
Workflow Tasks Automatically Dismissed or Withdrawn (CloudOps)
- 7 days old (driven by Profile Option: FND_NOTIFICATION_EXP_PERIOD) FYI notifications are subject to auto-dismissal
- 180 days old WIP transactions are subject to auto-withdrawal, see Approvals & Notifications FAQs Doc ID 1987850.1 for expiration and escalation configuration options
Human Capital Management - Approval Notification Archive Real Time (customers)
- Run the Archive Workflow Tasks (post-R12.17.11) scheduled process on demand for real time reporting
Read LCM Archive and Purge Processes for Release 12 Oracle HCM Cloud (Doc ID 2323993.1) for full details.