Getting Started with Site Studio for External Applications (SSXA)
By John Brunswick on Aug 23, 2010
Enter Oracle WCM 11G Site Studio for External Applications (SSXA).
Using a single, mature, enterprise-class platform, Oracle's WCM 11G offers comprehensive capabilities for content management within applications, web sites and or other channels requiring content managed by business users.
Read on for a complete list of benefits from SSXA.
Benefits of SSXA
- Remove Content from your SDLC - gone are the days of business users emailing content for inclusion in applications and waiting for application releases to update content. The content processes are now entirely removed from any SDLC activity - freeing developers to focus on delivering their release, not cutting and pasting content into their applications.
- Retire Niche CMS Solutions - some organizations have integrated some limited content management capability into their applications. Each one of these integrations takes time to maintain and optimize. Additionally, the content systems behind these integrations are generally not full featured, scalable, creating yet another piece of IT infrastructure to backup and maintain.
- Eliminate Content Duplication - when content is cut and paste into applications from business user email and documents, versioning of the content is nearly impossible to keep track of. This results in many similar pieces of content floating through a company's email server and file systems.
- Editing, Preview and Workflow in Context - with SSXA business users are able to make edits directly in the application interface in an experience that parallels traditional Site Studio contribution.
- Highly Performant - a powerful, configurable caching mechanism is a native part of the SSXA architecture. Additionally, this mechanism supports powerful replication capabilities enabling applications to remain current with their content, as it is updated from a central source.
- Add as Needed - SSXA is architected to let developers content enable regions of applications, as needed. A wholesale move to the SSXA technology is not required.
- Compliance, Retention - because SSXA leverages all of the capabilities of UCM it provides complete workflow and auditing capabilities. Once more, SSXA allows content to be bundled for release with applications, providing a complete picture of all content that was deployed to an application at any given point in time.
- Digital Asset Management (DAM) - with persistent URLs being provided for all content items, it is possible to make broad use of the DAM capabilities of UCM. For instance, a logo can be uploaded as a Photoshop (PSD) file and multiple versions can be generated that different sites / applications can consume - ensuring that they are always using the latest version of the particular content item.
- Conversion Engine - as with DAM above, SSXA allows UCM's content conversion capabilities to be leveraged to generate site content. This allows applications to provide content to end users that an organization's business users have created and managed using MS Office technologies like MS Word.
For more insight into SSXA and to get started with SSXA check out the following links. Liberate your content from application development processes today!
Getting Started Materials