Fusion Applications Functional Architecture has recorded a Customer Connect webinar to discuss Role Customization Best Practices. This webinar covers the basics of the Fusion Applications Reference Implementation of job roles and duty roles, as well as best practices job role customizations and duty role customizations.
Figure 1: Fusion Applications Reference Implementation of Enterprise Roles and Duty Roles
In general, customers are advised to follow these best practices:
- Always create custom job and abstract roles
- Use seeded duty roles to grant authorizations to custom roles
- If seeded duty roles need to be customized, there are two options:
- Option 1 - simple; minimal risks
- Take csv backup for reference and error recovery
- Modify seeded function policies
- End Date seeded data policies
- Create custom data policies
- Option 2 - difficult; no risks
For more information on Role Customization Best Practices including links to the webinar and presentation material, visit the event page on Customer Connect (click here
; user account required to access).