Service Oriented Architecture promises to deliver the agility demanded by the enterprises of today using standards like JBI and it's implementation (OpenESB) by enabling the creation of composite applications to address changing business needs. One of the most critical factors in such SOA implementations is the quality of data sources consumed by such applications.
Organizations have to still be able to consolidate heterogenous data sources which include structured, unstructured, and semi-structured data using:
- Profile data sources to mine patterns of invalid data
- Cleanse them to fit the business rule
- Match, standardize, normalize, create single entity views called the master data
- Be able to manage, distribute this consistent version to be consumed by several applications
Project Mural is an attempt to build an ecosystem to solve such data management problems. Leveraging NetBeans, GlassFish and OpenESB communities, Project Mural aims to provide a platform to power various transformational initiatives like:
- Customer Data Integration
- Product Information Management
- Building data services for SOA Initiatives
- Powering enterprise mashups
We will also talk briefly about On Demand Integration. This BoF Session goes into the anatomy of the Mural Data Management Suite and explains how it enables such initiatives and about the excitement which lies ahead in the Mural Community.