In honor and recognition of World Food Day 2020, which celebrates the founding of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, we curated our most popular and relevant blogs focused on improving safety and reducing waste, through better inventory management, supply chain analytics and more. Whether you’re pursuing a zero-waste initiative as a moral imperative, or your business is striving for better margin performance, data is at the center of the equation. Enjoy these posts, and subscribe to the Food and Beverage and Data Analytics blogs to stay current.
- Achieving Zero Waste: Panini Internationale balances business and moral imperatives. With a focus on contemporary fast-food, that is both healthy and green, the only thing fast about Panini is its service. Learn more about the company’s approach to inventory management, and how they engage guests to achieve their zero-waste goal and manage bottom-line performance.
- Optimizing inventory through restaurant reporting and analytics. As restaurants have expanded operations to offer increased off-premise dining, inventory planning has become even more critical to mitigating the risk of food waste. Managing cost and controlling waste has always been a top priority but ensuring that the off-premises sales you capture have a healthy bottom-line requires a specific focus on menu, sales channels, and operations. Oracle Food and Beverage Solution Manager Daniel Schaefer, shares 5 essential tips for restaurants to effectively analyze and manage restaurant inventory and re-focus operations on increasing both efficiency and profitability.
- Analyzing supplier performance. With menu simplification initiatives top of mind for most restaurateurs, managing supply chain performance is essential to ensuring predictable growth and customer satisfaction. Modern technology connects all supply chain data onto a multi-cloud analytics solution, enabling restaurant operators to simplify the sourcing process, identify long-lead items, gaps, and hurdles while maximizing budgets. Senior Marketing Manager, Michael Chen, takes a deeper look at supply chain management and the tools restaurant operators can utilize to harness massive volumes of data in innovative ways that optimize your business.
- Configuring your dining space with spatial and location analytics. Leveraging spatial data to better understand your restaurant’s foot traffic and appropriate layouts for social distancing, as well as the increase in third-party delivery pickups, is largely out of scope for the standard business user. Senior Director, Oracle Analytics Cloud, Barry Mostert, explains how spatial analytics can help operators improve restaurant design and traffic flow to provide a safer service experience for patrons and wait staff, all while improving table turns which drives better margins and customer satisfaction.
- Serving customers and the environment: Fafa’s achieves 100% carbon neutral operations. Finnish pita and salad restaurant chain Fafa’s is on a mission to serve consumers and the environment. Its menu is made up of over 70% vegetarian and vegan dishes that support the company’s goal of being environmentally conscious, and the brand is the first restaurant chain in Finland to be 100% carbon neutral. Find out how the restaurant uses data analytics to understand customer preference, manage their inventory, and continue to grow their business, responsibly, and profitably.
Oracle Food and Beverage helps restaurateurs simplify their operations, reduce cost, expand revenue channels, manage business performance, and deliver a modern customer experience. Our cloud platform and connected ecosystem provide brands with the agility and intelligence required to grow their businesses responsibly. Reach us directly by phone in the US: +1 866-287-4736; UK: +44 207 5626 827; AU: 1300 366 386; LAD: 52 559 178 3146) | chat | or request a call back.