The most successful restaurants do a few key things better than their competitors:
- Deliver same-store sales growth
- Know what guests want and deliver it consistently
- Measure performance and respond to opportunities
- Keep costs low
- Open new stores quickly
The good news for restaurateurs is that there is a tool to make these goals more achievable: POS SaaS (Point of Sale Software as a Service), also known as cloud point of sale technology.
At the most basic level, restaurant point of sale systems (POS) allow restaurants to deliver great service by managing orders, payment, and promotions together in one tool. They also ensure that restaurant management is made easier through reporting, stock, and labor control.
Until recently, the restaurant POS was often managed on premise. On premise solutions require a significant upfront investment – including expensive servers to run the system – which can be costly to maintain. Resources are needed to manage the POS software updates, upgrades, and security patches that need to be scheduled and installed manually by onsite staff.
Cloud-based restaurant POS platforms provide the modern solution for F&B operators to manage their technology. Those who have adopted a cloud-based system have enjoyed benefits such as:
Oracle’s POS SaaS solution, Oracle MICROS Simphony POS Systems for Restaurants, helps to connect every aspect of the restaurant—including front of house, back office, and kitchen operations—on the industry’s most secure cloud. Whether you’re looking to grow or simply become more efficient, our restaurant POS systems are fast to deploy and ready to work just as hard as you do, right out of the box.
- Delivery of exceptional guest experiences. Advancements in POS SaaS have simplified the effort to implement innovative engagement, reward, and recognition strategies while simultaneously providing customer experiences that build brand loyalty. These enhancements allow restaurants to adapt with greater speed and agility. For example, managers can introduce new menus and promotions within days rather than months or quickly respond to and correct common customer pain points such as long wait times spent in line or sitting at the table to pay the bill.
- Lower IT complexity and costs. Restaurants that have migrated are enabled to reduce upfront capital expenditure on software and POS hardware. Updates, upgrades, and patches are automated, helping to reduce IT cost and complexity. Capital that had been previously dedicated to IT can be reallocated to opening more locations, refurbishing existing premises, branding, marketing, staff training, or other areas that make the business more competitive and profitable.
- Increased security. Cloud POS from an organization like Oracle provides the benefit of rigorous investment in data security hardware and software, which helps to protect guests and the business from hackers.
- Accelerated innovation and growth. Restauranteurs are now able to nimbly adjust their business for rapidly evolving market conditions and bring new properties online faster than ever before by leveraging the power of this technology.