iprb updates, or scratching an itch. I did a putback for the following last week.
- 5079410 Iprb: request adding device id 1050 in driver_aliases file
- 6251566 RFE: add driver alias for pci8086,1059
- 6261230 iprb: pci8086,1068 is needed in iprb driver_aliases
- 6330971 Request support for Intel ICH7 network controller
- 6397979 Iprb: Request support for device pci8086,1069
Expect to see the updates in Solaris Express in a few weeks, and in the
snv_42 drop onto opensolaris.org sooner than that. This putback adds out
of the box nic support for several common desktops and laptops including the
Dell GX170LS, Dimension 9100, 5100n, 5100c, and other Dell machines, IBM
ThinkCenter A50p, Toshiba Protege 3500 and several Sony Vaio's (VGN-S72PB,
VGN-A580, VGN-TX90S). Other machines using the same chipset(s) will also be picked up.
If you have a known device that is working with the iprb driver and is not
supported out of the box, please drop me a line (my blogname at sun.com) and
I'll get a bug logged about it and work on getting a fix done (call it scratching
the itch part two).