Here we go again: 8 Things - Orablog Tag
By Zoë on Jan 09, 2008
I think I should point out the disclaimer on the right about veering off topic occasionally....
I've been tagged by Joe (even though it is the post below this one, you get a link anyway) as part of some kind of online pyramid scheme.... I hope it makes Jake his fortune since he is at the top of the pyramid!
8 things you may not know about me.
(1) Once upon a time, I used to have some technical skills. My first job in Oracle consulting was installing an Oracle 6 database and Financials (GL) at a health authority in Dorset.
(2) Although I am not that IT literate compared to most of the Web 2.0-enabled people I work with, I maintain the website for my kids' school. The people of Teddington obviously have simpler expectations from that there interweb thing...
(3) I have a thing for music. I have just bought a restored 1920s piano and I perform on keyboards and vocals in a folk band. I also play bass guitar very badly. I had to sell my drum kit a few years ago but I am now thinking of getting one of those electronic ones where you can practise quietly.
(5) This one's not really a secret... I am a terrible driver. I crashed a car into a wall the day after I passed my driving test. I also crashed a sports car at 60mph in the rain (not on the same day). When I was working temporarily at Oracle HQ I even crashed a hire car during a particularly demanding parking manoeuvre.
(6) I was born in Romford, Essex and have endured many Essex Girl jokes in my time.
(7) I am scared of chickens. As a child on a farm camping holiday I was chased by one in the dark, and it has gone downhill from there. I might have been a vegetarian but for the death-to-all-chickens thing.
(8) I've seen David Beckham topless in the home team changing rooms at Old Trafford (the home ground for Manchester United, one of his former teams). I wasn't that impressed at the time to be honest, I was really hoping to bump into Eric Cantona.
When you read this message please send me $5 and pass the message on to 8 of your friends. Within 1 month you will make $47billion! Hmmm no, that wasn't it. But now Elise, Linda, Suzanne, Diana, Maria, Neil, Balaji and Brian - you're tagged too!