In addition to our previous article on setting up new Address Formats using Setup and Maintenance tasks, the following article looks at display options on the Sales Cloud Account pages.
As shown below, out-of-the-box an Account record only supports displaying a single Address record at a time. This however, might not be the real-world situation, where a single customer Account may have addresses to use for different products and services they purchase, as well as for other purposes such as centralized administration and financial control.
Rather than supporting this by having multiple Accounts records for a single logical customer (each with a single address), an alternative choice is to make a configuration to allow users to view, add and set (as primary) several different address records on one Account record.
On first glance (and based on the articles in this blog) one might think this is enabled in Application Composer under the Address standard object. However because this Common component is not exposed as a standalone object in Sales Cloud pages, it has no customizable pages of its own at all, as shown below.
Another considered option might be under the Account custom tabs, however again this is not exposed as a fully customizable sub-tab region. The answer - relatively unusual for Sales Cloud - is to use Page Composer to make the related ADF page components visible. Use the following steps to enable multiple addresses for Accounts.
1. To do this you will need a custom Details Layout on your Account object pages. If you're still using the Standard Layout then you should duplicate it and add a new Layout.
2. In the new layout, under the Profile tab, find the "Show" link under Multiple Addresses. Click and it changes to the word "Hide". Save the layout.
Note the Primary Address region also available for Show/Hide on this page. When selected this enables a region which displays all the fields for the selected primary address record - useful for quick editing. That said, it is recommended to show either Primary Address (single addresses) or Multiple Address, and not both at the same time.
3. Now on reopening the Account profile tab you'll see the change in the page, supporting a single Primary Address with details shown when selected, along with the table of multiple addresses and button to add (and delete) others.
1. Start from the Edit Account page (any record) in Sales Cloud.
2. Click [Your Name] (top right of the screen) - Settings and Actions - Administration - Customize Pages. Select the SITE level.
3. Now navigate to the Account Address popup. This is shown when clicking the address hyperlinked text.
4. Click "Select" in the Page Composer toolbar and hover over the fields region on the popup. When colored blue, click to edit and select the Edit Components option.
5. As shown above, use the check-boxes to display (and reorder) the Child fields as required.
One notable absence from the extra items for display above is the Address Type. Note that this field actually controls some downstream functionality.
Out-of-the-box this field is hidden and the value defaults-in for all new address records based on Profile Option "
Default Address Type for Account". To allow the use of other address types open the same pop-up in Page Composer and click the narrow region just above the fields region, as shown below. When you select Edit Component from here you'll find Child fields that includes Type.
Once enabled this appears as shown above, with a list of values accessible to all users.
As mentioned, other values for Address Type can be useful to display useful address information to support the sales process, such as where to send invoices.