This blog post accompanies a video illustrating how to secure objects in Application Composer.
The video below is a short overview of how to secure objects in Application Composer.
Here are some key points to remember when applying granular security on Custom Objects:
- Custom objects can be secured using duty roles under the CRM_ENTERPRISE_DUTY category.
- Custom object security has to be configured from within a Sandbox but takes effect immediately outside of the sandbox if the object is already published from another sandbox.
- Privileges are divided into two categories:
- Functional security: the ability to execute a Create/View/Update or Delete action.
- Data security: security of the data within the object.
- The Sales Administrator Duty role has full access to the Custom Object by default.