July In Review
By Richard Bingham-Oracle on Aug 06, 2014
- Oliver did a short book review for the new Fusion Applications Development and Extensibility Handbook. A worthy resource for the bookshelf of anyone on a related project.
- Our various series grew throughout July, including additions to the Fusion Concepts, the Integrating-With, and the Application Composer series.
- We published a new whitepaper with steps for developing your own Fusion Application for deployment as an extension to the out-of-the-box suite. We were pleased to see that this immediately proved to be a popular download.
- We summarised an important new document released recently, entitled 'Getting started with Web Services' in this blog post, or go directly to it here.
From Other Teams
- The Oracle AppsConnect portal kindly featured us in their blog during July, giving a simple summary of our work and a listing our published resources.
- The Functional Architecture team within Product Development published a nice summary of the security and audit features of the Oracle Cloud Applications, with links to more detail as used at a recent event.
- The Oracle A-Team published two articles of interest to Fusion Applications, again both security related. The first is an introduction to the whole area, and the second is a useful peice on configuring the password management features.
- With the release of Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF), the related product management team complemented it with a new YouTube channel with lots of demos, getting started, and how-to content.
- If you're using the Outlook extension for Oracle Cloud applications, then you'll be interested in the new whitepaper from the support team which explains the extensibility options.
- The Oracle ADF Product Management folks published two new videos of general interest. The first looks at debugging and logging. capabilities and the second covers great general best practices in ADF Development.
- We are pleased to announce we have sessions at both OpenWorld and the UKOUG events this year. You can now check out the agendas and our sessions. Hope to see you there.