Customizing The Fusion Applications Simplified UI
By Richard Bingham on Nov 11, 2013
Everyone who has seen it is impressed by the new Simplified UI, providing self-service workers the ease-of-use that they expect from a modern web application. As always, people want and need to make small adjustments, especially in the Cloud, and thankfully even in its first release there is good support for this. The main features are:
- Configuring the branding and look-and-feel (known as a theme) of the Simplified UI.
- Adding you own custom announcements to the Simplified UI homepage.
- Using Page Composer to edit component properties, such as re-label text or hiding unwanted fields.
- Using MDS Sandboxes to manage groups of related customizations.
- Using Application Composer to adjust the fields available in certain Simplified UI pages.
As mentioned, this is the first release of this capability so if there is something you're stuck on please use our forum and we'll try to help, or if you have a requirement for a new Simplified UI customization, please add a comment below.