Coming Soon: Development and Extensibility Handbook from Oracle Press
By Oliver Steinmeier-Oracle on Oct 21, 2013
I had hoped to get my hands on a copy at OpenWorld, but it wasn't available yet from the printers. But it's coming soon: The Oracle Fusion Applications Development and Extensibility Handbook.
This book is promising to be a great resource for anyone interested in learning about our favorite topic. And while I haven't read it yet, a look at the cover page image tells me that it's going to be a high-quality book. That's because I have known one of the authors, Dhaval Mehta, for many years. He recently left Oracle development for new challenges, but until then he was widely known as one of the most knowledgable Fusion Applications engineers. And his co-authors have equally strong and complementary backgrounds.
Here's what the book covers:
- Explore Oracle Fusion Applications components and architecture
- Plan, develop, debug, and deploy customizations
- Extend out-of-the-box functionality with Oracle JDeveloper
- Modify web applications using Oracle Composer
- Incorporate Oracle SOA Suite 11g composites
- Validate code through sandboxes and test environments
- Secure data using authorization, authentication, and encryption
- Design and distribute personalized BI reports
- Automate jobs with Oracle Enterprise Scheduler
- Change appearance and branding of your applications with the Oracle ADF Skin Editor