Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite 7 Update 2 Ships
By Joesciallo-Oracle on Oct 14, 2011
In case you hadn't heard, Oracle Communications Unified Communications Suite has released its latest version, 7 Update 2, and it's available for download from the Oracle Software Delivery Cloud.
Highlights for this release include the following:
- Oracle Communications Calendar Server
- Support for Oracle DB 11g release 2.
connectivity offered via Outlook
Connector has been enhanced to
support Calendar Server 7 Update 2 (through the WCAPbis protocol).
- Support for both Apple iCal and Microsoft Exchange Style Delegation models enables users to share their calendars and delegate calendar management to others.
- Support for certificate based authentication for use in secure environments, as well as support for virus scanning of attachments included with events and appointments.
- Oracle Communications Instant Messaging Server
- Support for external IM networks, including real time Instant Messaging and Presence connectivity, for Yahoo, AOL, MSN, Google, and Facebook.
- Federation with SIP/SIMPLE based IM networks.
- Indexing and Search Service for Unified Communications Suite has been enhanced to deliver a more highly available and reliable service.
Here's a set of links to get you started: