Some Communications Suite Points of Interest
By joesciallo on Jan 28, 2009
I've been collecting a few items of interest for the Communications Suite community. So, in no apparent order, here goes:
- Communications Suite 6 Update 1 requires that you install Application Server 9.1 Update 2 (enterprise version including HADB support) as the web container for Convergence 1 Update 1. The Communications Suite 6 download site provides links to the Application Server 9.1 Update 2 bits for Solaris SPARC, Linux, and Solaris x86 packages. Note, however, that these bits are not multi-language versions. If you require the multi-language version of Application Server 9.1 Update 2 (enterprise version with HADB support), you'll have to first install the older Application Server 9.1 Update 1 version, then obtain and apply the patch for Update 2 to yield the Application Server 9.1 Update 2 multi-language version.
- There's a recent SPECmail2008 benchmark with the Sun Fire X4540 server and Messaging Server. (Unfortunately, it's for Messaging Server 6.2, but it's of interest nonetheless.)
- Shane Hjorth has updated an old BigAdmin article, and placed in on the Comms wiki now, on how to configure Messaging Server for SSL and the Solaris Cryptographic Framework (SCF) to use the Cryptographic Accelerator of the UltraSPARC T1 and T2 processors. Wiki version is here.
- Grab a cup of coffee, kick back, and watch some Comms Videos. This is our first foray into video-tizing Comms so by all means let us know what you think.
- Virtual images for Communications Suite 6 Update 1 are in the works. Apologies that we pulled the Communications Suite 6 virtual images, in anticipation of the new ones coming online. (In the future, in retrospect, we should probably leave the older images around.)