Okay, I've just been tagged by Michael Teger
(is that like Flick getting triple-dog-dared in A Christmas Story
?), and not being one to resist a challenge, here goes, five things my co-workers probably don't know about me:
- My surname is probably not Sciallo. The story goes that my great-grandfather from Naples, Italy, was shanghai'd, woke up on a boat as an indentured servant, jumped ship in Australia, and escaped to California. Since the name Sciallo is as common in Naples as Jones is in the US, chances are he was trying to protect his true identity.
- I was once an 89 pound weakling on my high school wrestling team. The only way I had a chance of winning a match was by bleeding profusely from the nose on my opponent.
- I played in a band with one of James Brown's sax players. He taught me some good things and bad things, but one good thing was, "If you make a mistake, do it again. They'll think you planned it."
- I was almost shot by two of San Francisco's finest undercover cops, in the wee hours of the morning, after I had parked and was walking back to my apartment, when they mistook me for someone boosting cars. Nothing like shoot first and ask questions later.
- I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up.