By joesciallo on Oct 19, 2012
It's been some time since I have posted an entry. Now, with the release of Oracle Communications Calendar Server 7 Update 3, it seems high time to jump start this blog again.
To begin with, check out what's new in this release:
- Authenticating Against an External Directory
- Booking Window for Calendars
- Changes to the davadmin Command
- Enable and Disable Account Autocreation
- LDAP Pools
- New Configuration Parameters
- New Languages
- New populate-davuniqueid Utility
- New Schema Objects
- Non-active Calendar Accounts Are No Longer Searched or Fetched
- Remote Document Store Authentication
The upgrade is a bit more complicated than normal, as you must first apply some new schema elements to your Directory Server(s). To do so, you need to get the comm_dssetup 6.4 patch, patch the comm_dssetup script, and then run the patched comm_dssetup against your Directory Server(s) instances. In addition, if you are using the nsUniqueId attribute as your deployment's unique identifier, you'll want to change that to the new davUniqueId attribute. Consult the Upgrade Procedure for details, as well as DaBrain's blog, before forging ahead with this upgrade.
Additional quick links: