By Joesciallo-Oracle on Jan 16, 2008
Let's face it, searching for information on the Net is a common fact of every day life now, especially if you're involved with deploying and supporting technology like Communications Suite. So, where do you start, should you just google and hope for decent results?
To begin with, here's a comprehensive list of sites that contain Communications Suite information:
- New Comms 6 Information: The upcoming Comms Suite wiki on wikis.sun.com
- Comms 5 documentation: http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/coll/1634.1
- Comms 5 docs, PDF download: http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hubs/comms/files/COMMS5_DOCS.zip
- Messaging Server FAQ and reference: http://msg.wikidoc.info/index.php/Main_Page
- Comms Hub: http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hubs/comms/
- Comms tech articles and white papers: http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/hubs/comms/library/techarticles.jsp
- Comms Software Forums, email aliases: http://forum.java.sun.com/category.jspa?categoryID=57
- Blogs: http://blogs.sun.com/factotum,http://blogs.sun.com/jhawk
- Email aliases, such as Info-IMS@arnold.com
While promising, Sun's onesearch doesn't include non-Sun sites. To address this short coming, we've set up a couple of Google Coop search engines. Google Coop enables you to build your own customized list of sites upon which to google. Here are the coops that we are experimenting with:
» Go to the Messaging Server 6.3 Google Coop Search Engine
» Go to the Communications Suite Google Coop Search Engine
Knowing what sites to look at, and how to search them, should help you begin to get a handle on finding the Comms Suite information that you are looking for. Have a favorite search trick or tip? Please drop us a line and let us know.