- Oracle VM Templates – Provisioning Made Easy
- Why IT Innovation? Why Now?
- Exalogic: System Administrator-Friendly Software
- The Exa-Logical Choice: Proven, High Performance, Cost-Effective. The Comparisons Pale.
- Webinar: Meeting Customer Expectations in the New Age of Retail
- 2012 Oracle Fusion Middleware Innovation Awards for Oracle Exalogic
- Supercharging the Performance of Your Front-Office Applications @ OOW'12
- Join me at OpenWorld 2012
- If you want to learn all about Exalogic in 6 minutes, watch this demo!
- Conference Session (CON9418): The Business Case for Oracle Exalogic: A Customer Perspective
Monday Sep 24, 2012
Thursday Apr 14, 2011
By Michael Palmeter (Engineered Systems Product Management) on Apr 14, 2011
Exalogic is a complete hardware and software platform for Enterprise applications delivered by Oracle as pre-assembled building blocks that are easy to buy, deploy and operate.
Exalogic is an Engineered System: an assemblage of best-of-breed storage, compute, network, operating system and software products that are integrated, tested, tuned, optimized, delivered and supported by Oracle as a single factory-assembled unit. Exalogic is not an appliance (because it allows flexible configuration and supports a wide range of applications), and it is not a blueprint (since implementation is done by Oracle, not by the customer).
Exalogic is designed to provide extreme high performance, reliability, ease-of-use and versatility without being a proprietary, closed system with high total cost of ownership and vendor lock-in. Exalogic is everything enterprises love about both mainframes and open systems with none of the stuff they don't. Exalogic is the realization of a new way of looking at the role of IT in the modern enterprise.
Exalogic supports CICS applications and COBOL (Oracle Tuxedo ART), Java SE and EE applications, the vast majority of the Oracle Fusion Middleware portfolio and standard Linux and Solaris applications, (all blazingly fast).
Exalogic is the evolution of Oracle's Grid architecture, fulfilling the role of the Application Grid and complimenting Oracle Exadata, which fills the role of the Database Grid. Taken together, these two products provide a complete "Private Cloud in a box" platform that is ideal for consolidation of mission-critical enterprise applications.