By Alexandra Huff-Oracle on Nov 04, 2014
Today’s blog post is brought to you by Oracle Product Manager
Oracle Traffic Director is an on-board Application Delivery Controller for Exalogic, designed to handle Reverse Proxy and application-to-application communication use cases. For more information, check out
Versions / Patches
· Oracle Traffic Director 11g PS6 (126.96.36.199) is the recommended version. This is available for download either from Oracle Software Delivery (under Exalogic) or from OTN.
· Oracle Traffic Director July 2014 CPU patches is the critical patch required on top of 188.8.131.52. This patch addresses several potential security vulnerabilities, and is available within Oracle Support.
· Oracle Traffic Director 11g currently supports Oracle Linux 5.6+ and Oracle Solaris 11.1+ on Exalogic
Useful documentation available within Oracle Technology Network and Support Knowledge Base
· Protecting Traffic Director from POODLE vulnerability - MOS Note 1938044.1
· Oracle Traffic Director Knowledge Base Information Center - MOS Note - 1626139.2
· For additional information, please visit Traffic Director’s Learn More section within Oracle Technology Network